Thursday, December 31, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

Okay, I want to know if there is anyone else out there who can relate!  My dear husband, whom I love with all my heart set up the 10 foot artificial Christmas tree for me.  Then, the children (all boys) decided to decorate it for me.  Bless their sweet hearts for trying but seriously, we ended up with a 10 foot artificial tree with an entire section with no lights, about 10 decorations hung on a tree that looks like it was body slammed - no word of a lie!!!
Ever since the kids were little I've come to terms with the fact that my "pretties" will have to be put away for later (what is left of them that is) so, my family graciously humors me with my anal fixation to have my Christmas tree look beautiful.
Sooooooo, today, I undecorated the tree, seperated and straightened the branches added some lights and redecorated the tree.  Traditionally my tree has been pink and gold but I wanted to venture out this year and do something a little more eclectic so I purchased some turquoise and chartruese decorations to go on the tree.  It took me 3 hours but here it is:
IMG_6699 Believe me when I say that it looks so much prettier IRL!  The ribbon is new this year.  It is white sheer wired ribbon that is covered with irridescent sparkles - ooooohhhhh, ahhhhhhh!
Here is one of my new treasures this year:  IMG_6701 
All of the decorations are blown glass and many of them are individual (not purchased in a package) which are hand painted.  This is one of the turquoise ones that I found on sale for 35% off!  YAY!
This next one always finds its way onto our tree - even though its red.  It serves as a good reminder for us and I hope it will do the same for you!
IMG_6704   
Merry Christmas! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover