Saturday, January 2, 2010

More Up & Running

I have another page to share with you - hopefully, you're not getting sick of my digi scrapping!!!  I just love to show off my kids and scrapbooking is very fulfilling to me - my way of preserving my love for these wee ones I've been blessed with. 
Here is another page I did during my class:
Eli-page-1web-only The journalling reads:  Eli is very sweet, is always eager, loves to play in the sand, has beautiful brown eyes, has very long lashes, makes me smile.  How sweet is that little face??!!!
I'm finding the premade kits a little challenging in that it is more difficult to choose a photo to fit with paper than it is to choose paper to fit a photo (colors and theme I mean).  This was actually the 2nd go at this one since I wasn't happy with the first pics I chose.  They and the journalling was very forced and I don't think scrapbooking should be like that.  It should be an free expression of your memories and love - at least that's my opinion. 
I am really liking the class by Jessica Sqrague.  I have learned SO much. Much much more than I expected to, and have actually had fun doing it.  I find learning new technology such a pain in the butt but I have really enjoyed this.  I do have one small negative critique - neither of the fonts used in the journalling square were included in the class materials so I very literally spent hours on the internet trying to find the fonts and/or ones that matched the ones Jessica used (which matched the alphabet which made the title).  I did find that very frustrating and think that all of the materials you need should be included in the class materials.  (having said that I am self admittedly anal about everything being matchy matchy!!)  However, I am still planning on taking more of her classes and would recommend these to anyone. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover