Saturday, January 2, 2010

PWC71

Hey Everyone out in Prettie Land!  We're back with another Prettie Challenge for you!
This week's challenge is from Jackie!  It is to alter something!!!  I find these altering challenges so challenging (excuse the pun) because they seem to take so long and it takes me forever to figure out what to make.  This one was actually easy for me!  Last week I was cleaning up in my storage room and I found a chipboard album that was actually an old Making Memories catty.  I fully planned on recycling it and had already set it on my desk.  Perfect timing! 
Now, what to do with the album.  My twins are in grade 1 this year and have both brought home awards that I want to scrapbook for them.  Unfortunately, I'm definitely NOT up to date with my scrapbooking efforts so I needed a way to organize everything so that when they are 25 and I'm trying to find their things from grade 1 to scrapbook I will be all organized - LOL!  I figure it may take me that long unitl I actually have time to do it.
Anywho, here's what I came up with:
DSC_0024

This is the front of the binder.  I used some chipboard that I've had forevah and a denim ribbon scrap to make the Grade 1 and the buckle/belt.  I LOVE this writing paper cardstock too!
On the inside there are a bunch of dividers with pockets to put everything in.  They are divided into Jacob's section and Eli's section and have the following categories:
artwork, awards, report cards, english, math and friends (for class pics and valentine's cards, etc)
DSC_0027
Lastly, I stamped our Look Out World Cooper twice and colored them for the front.  If you look closely you'll see that I stamped their initials on each t-shirt.  We have never dressed the twins the same so I purposely colored them differently.
DSC_0026

Well, there it is.  I hope I've inspired you to keep your kids' things organized too!
Now, its your turn.  We love to see what you make with these challenges, so go and get stamping and upload your creations in the Paper Pretties challenge gallery!  Be sure to use the keyword PWC71.
In case you didn't know, our Pretties Wednesday's have changed to include YOU!  Here's what's new:

We have some exciting news for you this week.  We've decided to combine the fun Pretties Wednesday Design Team challenges with the weekly customer challenges we have issued in the past.  This way you can play along with the Prettie Girls!  Challenges will be issued on Wednesday & just to inspire you further, the Prettie Girls will share their take on the challenge.  Then its YOUR turn! To make the challenges even more fun one winner will be selected from the participants and will receive a $15.00 coupon to the Paper Pretties Boutique!  Woo hoo!  We are looking forward to seeing all of your fun creations! :)
How to Enter: make a card using the provided sketch and any Paper Pretties stamp set(s) you have. Upload the card to the Paper Pretties gallery. Please include it in the Weekly Challenges album and use keyword PWC71.


Deadline: 6pm EST Tuedsay, October 6th.


Prize: $15.00 coupon to the Paper Pretties Boutique


NOW, hop on over to Julie's blog to see what she altered! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover