Saturday, January 2, 2010

SSICC#3

I'm so excited that I found time to play along for this challenge over at Stampin Sisters in Christ!  I was SO inspired by the challenge this week.  THEE closest things to my heart in this whole world are my husband and boys.  The challenge this week was based on Proverbs 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
You know, the thing that amazes me about God's word is that it is ALWAYS true.  You see, children learn what they live.  They are little sponges that take in every word and action they see from us - whether that be negative or positive.  Every minute of every day that we are around our children, we are training them in the way they should go - it isn't just the intensive training time we put into our kids that matter.  OUR character and the way we live our lives is the largest training they will receive.  What children learn while they are growing IS what they will live out as adults, whether it be good or bad. 
We see on the news everyday, criminals that come from troubled homes where there was abuse and addictions of all kinds and now, they live that training out in their every day lives.
Often I find in the hustle and bustle of everyday lives my kids get the last of all that I have to give - THEY SHOULD GET THE FIRST, THE BEST.  They are the greatest treasure God has entrusted to us and I was so encouraged by this challenge to take the time to let them know how special they are to me and how specially they were created.  We tell our boys all the time that they were created with a destiny.  That God has a purpose for their lives and that there is NO one else on earth like them.
With all of that in mind, I sat down today with some stamp sets I picked up at Mike's way back in May in the $1 (okay $1.50 if you live in Canada) bin and came up with these cards:
For Isaiah:
DSC_0016
For Jacob:
DSC_0021
For Eli:
DSC_0020
And for Benjamin:
DSC_0023
They will find these in their lunch boxes/back packs & lunch place mat tomorrow with notes inside telling them how thankful Mom & Dad are that God considered us worthy enough to bless us with these little lives!
Thanks so much girls for reminding me how important it is to make a deliberate effort in these little people's lives! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover