Saturday, July 17, 2010

Peaceful Places

Hi Everybody!  Its a well known fact that our society this century is overcome with stress.  There are overwhelming numbers of people experiencing stress related illness such as ulcers, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc.  I thought today I'd share a little stress relief technique for you along with some decorating inspiration.
It is medically proven that if you practice this breathing exercise 10 - 15 min/day, at least 4 times a week it will actually calm your nervous system, resulting in less stress reaction in your body.  So here we go:
Breathe in with your diaphram (your abdomen should move but NOT your chest) to the count of 4:
1 One Thousand,
2 One Thousand,
3 One Thousand,
4 One Thousand.
Hold for 2 seconds and breathe out for the count of 4 again:
1 One Thousand,
2 One Thousand,
3 One Thousand,
4 One Thousand.
Try it, see if it works for you and let me know.
Now, for some decorating peace.  I have been collecting these pictures that made me feel peaceful:

Funny, I never realized it until now but all of these places seem to be outside at home.  Not some exotic island somewhere (although I'm pretty sure that could bring some stress releif too ;0).  Isn't that how it should be?  Our home should be our haven from the stresses of the world but sometimes, its our home that causes our stress.  What can you do this week to create a peaceful place in your home or yard?
Do you already have a place that makes you feel at peace?  A getaway where you can rejuvenate and breathe?  If you do, leave me a link, I'd love to hop on by and visit.
Until next time,
Breathe. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover